- Review Policy and Contact Information
- Spotlight On Those I Review For
- Spotlight on Blogs and Websites
- Fiction Read in 2013
- Non-Fiction Read in 2013
- Children and Young Adult Books Read 2013
- The Classics Club---Goal of 50 in 5 Years
- War Through The Generations Challenge
- Back To Classics Challenge 2013
- Dive Into Poetry Challenge 2013
- Chunkster Reading Challenge 2013
- Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2013
- European Reading Challenge 2013
- The Pride and Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge 2013
- The Tudor Book Blog Reading Challenge 2013
Friday, August 3, 2012
Book Blogger Hop, August 3 Through August 9, 2012
Thank you to Crazy-For-Books for this weekly meme.
"When a book goes "viral" (Hunger Games, Fifty Shades, Twilight), do you rush out to read it like everyone else, even if it's not in your typical genre?"
Heck no---I do not! (my quick response.)
I have so many other books to read, more books I'd rather read, then to read a book based solely on hype.
I do see these books in stores and I'll pick them up and read a few pages to see for myself. Often these books are "hyped-up," overly commercialized, sensationalistic, tantalizing. It reminds me of the most popular kid on the school ground. This kid is popular for a while, till someone else more popular comes along.
I read books I want to read, not because others are reading it, or the majority of humans on earth is reading it. Thank goodness I live in a country where I do have the freedom to read what I want!