Recently in the Fort Worth Star Telegram there were two articles about the book Fifty Shades of Grey.
No, I don't plan to read this trilogy. But, I know a few people who have. More have stated what a waste of money they spent on buying the first book. They don't plan to read the other two in the series. I asked a few of the people who work at a nearby Barnes and Nobles I frequent, how they felt about the book. They admitted the book was selling faster than they could replace them back on the bookshelves. They also expressed how poorly written the books were. I don't believe readers are buying the books in order to read a well-written story.
What are your feelings about these books?
You probably want to know why I won't be reading them, right?
1. You should see my to be read stack of books! Including deadlines for reviews till the end of this year.
2. Erotica is not something I want to read, not interested. I'm also not interested in the science fiction genre.
3. I feel the books are popular because they are a tantalizing sensationalistic type read. I rebel from that.
4. I'm such a super-sensitive girl both emotionally and spiritually I know I could not handle any book that has this type of content.
- Review Policy and Contact Information
- Spotlight On Those I Review For
- Spotlight on Blogs and Websites
- Fiction Read in 2013
- Non-Fiction Read in 2013
- Children and Young Adult Books Read 2013
- The Classics Club---Goal of 50 in 5 Years
- War Through The Generations Challenge
- Back To Classics Challenge 2013
- Dive Into Poetry Challenge 2013
- Chunkster Reading Challenge 2013
- Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2013
- European Reading Challenge 2013
- The Pride and Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge 2013
- The Tudor Book Blog Reading Challenge 2013