Manic Monday #206

"What are you grateful for today?"
That sunshine follows rain.
Freedom of speech---I can have a blog and post whatever books I choose to read and give my opinion.
For my family, that we are able to all gather together every weekend to eat and visit with each other. So many families in America live in separate cities or states, or even on opposite coasts. After Church on Sunday we gather at my home to barbecue or cook a meal, then we all sit down together and eat and have sweet fellowship.
I'm also grateful that my family enjoys being together, so many people I know have issues with their children, or in-law's, or parents.
I'm grateful that my father at age 87 is still living and in good health.

"What's missing in your life?"
Nothing is missing, I am blessed!

"Has the conflict and harm religion has caused outweighed the good it has produced?"
I'm guessing that this question was asked in reference to the sexual abuse cases in the Catholic Church.
My feeling is that if a Church of any denomination knows of a pedophile or rapist is in their congregation and has committed an abuse and they do not contact law enforcement, they should be held accountable. It does not matter the rank or job title of the person that is the perpetrator they should be held accountable for their grievous and horrible act of betrayal and abuse.
But, in answering the question.
If you are molding your life, focusing your attention, or adhering to the elevation of a human--no matter who they are, then you will be sadly disappointed. People fail, miserably fail; but God does not. When "good" is produced it is considered by a Christian to be a fruit of the Spirit. It is Christ Jesus working in us and through us that produces the good works or fruits.
No long shpiel sermon....bottom line is focus on Jesus, work for Him, produce for Him. It is all about Him, not us, not me.
As for the good that religion has produced?
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."  1 Corinthians 13: 1-8 NIV

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments