55 Quirky Questions for Readers



Created by:
http://theliterarylollipop.wordpress.com/
Her questions and answers can be found @;
http://theliterarylollipop.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/55-quirky-questions-for-readers/

Joy @ Edgy Inspirational Romance also took part, her link for answers are:
http://edgyinspirational.blogspot.com/2010/08/41-quirky-questions-for-readers.html

1. Favorite childhood book? Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell

 2. What are you reading now? Girl in a Blue Dress by Gaynor Arnold, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir, The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England edited by Antonia Fraser, The Crusades by Harold Lamb, and Guardians of Ga'Hoole The Capture by Kathryn Lasky.
3. What books do you have on request at the library? None
4. Bad book habit? I have stacks of books I've bought, received from authors and media companies for reading/review, and also library books.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir, The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England edited by Antonia Fraser, The Crusades by Harold Lamb, and How the Irish Saved Civilization by  Thomas Cahill.
6. Do you have an e-reader? Yes, a Kindle.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once? I prefer to have several books at once, I like the challenge.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Yes, I read faster and I have better reading comprehension. I also read books that I would never have thought about reading before.
9. Least favorite book you read this year? The Heavenly Host by Cheryl Dellasega.
10. Favorite book I've read this year? German Boy, A Child in War by Wolfgang W. E. Samuel

And a tie with The Help by by Kathryn Stockett

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? Comfort zone, hmmm. I have not even thought about that, I read books that I want to read and thats that. I don't worry about a comfort zone. I look at books as a choice in reading, a pleasure, a joy; I'm not going to read a book that I dislike.
12. What is your reading comfort zone? There we go again with the comfort zone, hmmm.
13. Can you read on the bus? I've never had the chance; but I enjoy reading on the plane and on a train and in a car and in a boat----I sound a bit like a Dr. Seuss book.
14. Favorite place to read? My comfy cozy rocker chair in my quiet bedroom surrounded by my books.
15. What is your policy on book lending? I try not to, people tend to forget to return them.
16. Do you dog ear your books? Absolutely not!
17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books? Again no!
18. Do you break or crack the spine of your books? NO!
19. What is your favorite language to read? English---Southern writers especially and I'll read the book aloud.
20.What makes you love a book? Memorable characters, a surprising twist.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? If I fell in love with the book and I feel others would like it as well.
22. Favorite genre? Historical fiction or a history book, although these would tie with Classic Literature.
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)? Mystery.
24. Favorite biography? German Boy by Wolfgang W. E. Samuel (picture above) is my favorite biography of 2010.
Another favorite biography from my past is:
Elizabeth by David Starkey- my copy was bought at W H Smith Bookshop @ Waverly Station in Edinburgh, Scotland.
25. Have you ever read a self help book? And it was actually helpful? A really long time ago, before I started keeping journals and lists of the books I've read.
26. Favorite cookbook? Yummy question.
27. Most inspirational book you've read this year (fiction or non-fiction)? I have another blog @
A Well-Watered Garden which is devoted to Christian fiction and non-fiction. I have a favorite in both categories.
Favorite Inspirational Fiction:
 Favorite Inspirational Non-fiction:
Stumbling Souls: Is Love Enough? by Chris Plekenpol


28. Favorite reading snack? Twizzlers and a cup of tea.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience? The Shack.
30. How often do you agree with the critics about a book? Rarely, I have an independent mind.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I try and be as tactful and honest as possible. If I dislike a book then I give reasons for my feelings.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose? Hebrew.
33. Most intimidating book I've read? William Faulkner's triple set of books--As I Lay Dying, The Sound and the Fury, and Light in August. I read all of them and later I was so glad that I did.
34. Most intimidating book I'm too nervous to begin? Can't think of any.
35. Favorite poet? Robert Burns, Emily Dickinson, John Keats, Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time? Several, 4-6.
37. How often do you return books to the library? I almost always re-check the books another round.
38. Favorite fictional character? Jane Eyre and David Copperfield.
39. Favorite villain? Serena in the book Serena by Ron Rash.
40. Books I'm most likely to bring on vacation? I pick and choose the books I am currently reading, I do not read another genre specifically for a vacation read.
41. The longest I've gone with out reading? The first three weeks after I'd had my double mastectomy.
42. Name a book you could/would not finish? Sylvia's Lovers by Elizabeth Gaskell--I've tried to read this book twice and became bogged down with the dialect.
43. What distracts you easily when you're reading? Noise.
44. Favorite film adaption? Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet.
45. Most disappointing film adaption? I can't think of one.
46. Most money I've ever spent at a book store? $100.00
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Always.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book 1/2 way through? I cannot enjoy the book, I just cannot endure it any longer.
49. Do you like your books organized? Yes.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away? I keep most non-fiction books, poetry and Classic Literature, and any other books that were a fav.
51. Are there any books that you've been avoiding? The Twilight series.
52. Name a book that made you angry? Precious by Sapphire.
53. A book I didn't expect to like but did? The Road by Carmac McCarthy.
54. A book I expected to like but didn't? I liked The Shack it was okay, but did not fall in gushy love with it like it seems most people did.
55. Favorite guilt free guilty pleasure reading? Cookbooks--especially baking books.

Comments

  1. Great answers, Annette! I'm so glad you loved The Help, I just brought that home this weekend! And I *loved* Sense and Sensibility too! I'll have to check out No Greater Love. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment