Sunday Salon



I've started a new mini-reading-study!
I made another trip to the library on Thursday and brought home:
1215 The Year of Magna Carta by Danny Danziger and John Gillingham,
Charlemagne by Derek Wilson
A History of Everyday Things in England 1500-1799 by Marjorie and C. H. B. Quennell
A History of Everyday Things in England 1851-1914 by Marjorie and C. H. B. Quennell
The Lives of The Kings and Queens of England edited by Antonia Fraser
I have already started reading the book on Charlemagne and I have found it to be a great read. Some of the things I am reading about were briefly touched on in a previous book I just read on a history of Scotland---
A Short History of Scotland by Richard Killeen.
In my previous post I mentioned a book that Jane Austen's nephew wrote about her, the name of the book is Memoir of Jane Austen by James Edward Austen-Leigh--the Kindle edition is only .99 cents. I bought this edition and hope to start reading it soon.
I have started reading The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir. Alison Weir is one of my absolute favorite writers on the British monarchy. I've read most of her books.
In answer to my first sentence, my new study in reading is of course British History, with the exception of the Frankish king Charlemagne...but he is such a wonderful historical figure to read about!

Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments