Sunday Salon

I finished reading last night How the Irish Saved Civilization, The Untold Story of Ireland's Heroic Role from the Fall of Rome to the Rise of Medieval Europe by Thomas Cahill.



I will be reviewing this book soon.

Last night I started reading Girl in a Blue Dress by Gaynor Arnold. The authors inspiration for writing this book came from the marriage of Charles Dickens and his wife Catherine. After having several children Charles Dickens left his wife for a younger mistress. The author Gaynor Arnold writes a fictional story and only uses the Dickens marriage as a loose foundation for the protagonists Dorothea and Alfred Gibson in Girl in a Blue Dress.



I am 1/2 way finished with The Lives of The Kings and Queens of England edited by Antonia Fraser. This book gives a quick biography on each of the Kings and Queens of England spanning the years 1066 William I through Elizabeth II. Original copyright on this book is 1975.
A 1999 edition is shown and is available through Amazon:
Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Lives-Queens-England-Revised-Updated/dp/0520224604/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282576112&sr=8-1
The book that I am reading is hardcover and from the library, the following link @ Amazon is of the book I am currently reading.
http://www.amazon.com/Lives-Kings-Queens-England/dp/B000GOLIII/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282576112&sr=8-2

Becky @ Becky's Book Reviews and I are doing a buddy/read/review on To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. She will be posting a review in the next couple of days and I will post my review on Friday. Stay tuned!


Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments