Sunday Salon

My daughter in-law and I went to see a high school performance of Jane Eyre last Friday night. It was actually really good. Both of the actor's that portrayed Jane Eyre (one as a young girl and another as an adult) were excellent in their portrayal of this somber, stoic, intelligent character. The actor that portrayed St. John Rivers, a clergyman at Marsh End was also wonderful in his portrayal. There were no problems with sound or lighting. I could hear all of the actor's clearly and I was sitting towards the back of the auditorium. The special effects of the smoke in 2 scenes disturbed a few on the front rows (I could hear coughing). The actor that portrayed the mentally ill wife Bertha Mason Rochester had an ear piercing laugh and scream that could peel the paint off the walls. The end was a perfect recitation of the final words from the book of Jane Eyre.
I felt it was an enjoyable performance!




I am 100 pages from finishing How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn.
I am also 1/2 way through reading How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster.

Last week I posted a review on Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson over @
http://missdaisyanne.blogspot.com/2010/10/book-review-speak-by-laurie-halse.html

Blissful Blogging!
Annette

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography