Book Review: Bloom's Guides Comprehensive Research and Study Guides--William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet Edited and Introduction by Harold Bloom

I found the eBook for the hardback book that I read:
http://www.infobasepublishing.com/Bookdetail.aspx?ISBN=1438114761&eBooks=1&tab=RelatedTitles

I have to admit I speed read this book. I'd thought when I'd checked this book out of the library that it was specifically the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, but it was a critical analysis of it as well.
I enjoyed reading the Story Behind The Story of Romeo and Juliet, such as the fact that this story has been in European literature for several centuries. Variations of the story began as far back as the 5th century in Ephesus. In the late 1500's it was re-written by a poet in France. This poem was then adapted in to Shakespeare's play.
I did not care for the dissecting of Romeo and Juliet by various professors in the back of the book.

Blissful Reading!
Annette

Comments