Winter Reading Theme 2012

Red Square---Saint Basile

Just after the New Year I will be starting a new reading theme, Russia. 
I have the following books to read:
Catherine The Great, Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie
Five Empresses, Court Life in Eighteenth-Century Russia by Evgenii V. Anisimov
Notes From The Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Chekhov Seven Short Novels by Anton Chekhov Translated by Barbara Makanowitzky
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
And, if I'm really ambitious......War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

There is a new book about Tolstoy:
http://www.amazon.com/Tolstoy-Russian-Life-Rosamund-Bartlett/dp/0151014388/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322842794&sr=1-10
I would love to read this book too! It's on my wish list over at Amazon.

In past years I read Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, The Idiot and The House of the Dead and Poor Folk by Fyodor Dostoevsky, also Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak. I'll not be reading those books again this time.

Blissful Reading!
Annette


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography