Book Blogger Hop, Week of June 29-July 5, 2012

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is a creation of Crazy-For-Books.
It is a way to have fellowship or socialize with other bloggers.

This weeks questions:
1. "Do you have a keeper shelf for books you loved?"
2. "What books are on that shelf and why?"

I do not have a specific shelf where I keep the books that I love. Most non-fiction and classic literature books I keep, and a few fiction books that were extra special to me.
Yes, I do re-read books. I've read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn at least 3 times in my life. I've read Pride and Prejudice 2 times. This fall I'll re-read Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. 
All non-fiction Christian books are in 1 book shelf. This includes biographies, commentaries, theology books, many copies of the Bible.
I have a 2nd book shelf also for non-fiction such as World War II books, Holocaust, World War I, and other history books. Also in this same book shelf  is housed fiction that I keep. They take up 2 shelves. This includes Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Bronte sisters, Thomas Hardy, Elizabeth Gaskell, Chaucer, Charles Dickens and others. I organize by subject and author. All American literature is grouped together by author. All British literature is grouped together by author. The same for French and Russian literature.
I try and keep all books I've not read in one area. Hopefully this deters me from buying more!

Similar to this subject I will be hosted on Scene of the Blogs. I'll let you know when that happens!
www.kittlingbooks.com

Comments

  1. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Hights, Shakespeare and other classics - books I also have in my collection, some of them even as several copies so I can have a copy in both of my homes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I separate my books by type, i.e., fiction, cookbook, politics, reference, and art.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment