My Top Ten Favorite Classic Fiction Books

Jennifer over at Relentless Reader listed her top ten favorite books. Instead of posting my full answer in her little comment box. I'll answer on my blog in a new post.
Note, this is my top ten list of favorite classic fiction books.

1. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
2. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

4. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
5. Silas Marner by George Eliot
6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
7. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
8. My Antonia by Willa Cather
9. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
10. Beloved by Toni Morrison

A few of my other favorites are:
Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
How Green was my Valley by Richard LLewellyn
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Ruth by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Persuasion by Jane Austen
The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot (this almost tied with number 10)

What are your top ten favorite books?






Comments

  1. See! Now I'm looking at your list and wondering how in the world I forgot A Tree Grows in Brooklyn! This is why my list changes from day to day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer for leaving a comment. Recently I changed up my top 10 as I'd just read a few new classics. I still love David Copperfield and Oliver Twist the best. Notice I place Jane Eyre before Pride and Prejudice, I'm sure that got a few boos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to add Tale of Two Cities and Gone With the Wind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa I've not read either of those books.......yet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography