Book Blogger Hop, August 3 Through August 9, 2012

Book Blogger Hop

Thank you to Crazy-For-Books for this weekly meme.

"When a book goes "viral" (Hunger Games, Fifty Shades, Twilight),  do you rush out to read it like everyone else, even if it's not in your typical genre?"

Heck no---I do not! (my quick response.)
I have so many other books to read, more books I'd rather read, then to read a book based solely on hype.
I do see these books in stores and I'll pick them up and read a few pages to see for myself. Often these books are "hyped-up," overly commercialized, sensationalistic, tantalizing. It reminds me of the most popular kid on the school ground. This kid is popular for a while, till someone else more popular comes along.
I read books I want to read, not because others are reading it, or the majority of humans on earth is reading it. Thank goodness I live in a country where I do have the freedom to read what I want! 


Comments

  1. Haha I like the popular-kid analogy!

    We certainly are lucky to have the freedom to read what we want (and speak out about it too!)

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mood reader so that takes 1st preference. If a book was on my Wishlit before Publish date I would read before the full hype or wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer! I agree! Whenever I've read something just because of the hype, I haven't enjoyed it at all!

    Check out my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sad thing is they usually don't DESERVE the hype either. Sigh.

    http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography