Autumn 2012 Reading Challenges

Challenge One:
House of Bronze is hosting a Romance in Autumn October-November Reading Challenge.
For this challenge I plan to read:
Poetry by John Keats, Samuel Taylor Coleridge and William Blake.
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott

Challenge Two:
O @ Delaisse is hosting a Gothic Fiction Reading Challenge for the month of October.

For this challenge I'm joining option number two and will be reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
Of course both of these books over-lap with other challenges I'm apart of. If time permits I'll add more books to these challenges.

Challenge Three:
Jean @ Howling Frog is hosting Gothic October Reading Challenge.
I will be reading The Italian by Ann Radcliffe for this event.

Challenge Four:
Seasons of Reading is hosting a Fright Fall Read-a-Thon October 1-7, 2012.
I'll be reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley for this challenge.

Challenge Five:
My own reading challenge I'm hosting for the month of September. September in Paris Reading Challenge.
So far I've read The Last Time I Saw Paris by Lynn Sheene
and The Siren of Paris by David LeRoy.
Currently I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran, and Paris Stories a New York Review Books Classics by Mavis Gallant (Kindle). I'd thought about reading Paris, Paris Journey Into The City of Lights by David Downie (would like to if time permits) and Paris Was Ours by Penelope Rowlands (after reading a sample on my Kindle I changed my mind).
I'm adding from my own to be read pile: The Greater Journey Americans in Paris by David McCullough, Mistress of the Sun by Sandra Gulland, and Annette Vallon by James Tipton.
In addition two books from the library: Lydia Cassatt Reading The Morning Paper by Harriet Scott Chessman and Paris To The Moon by Adam Gopnik.







Comments

  1. You've got a wonderful set of books to read this fall. Frankenstein is on my own must read soon list, and Keats is one of my favorite poets ever. I really like WH, so you're in for a treat there, and I definitely plan to read McCullough's book about Americans in Paris.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much JaneGS for leaving a comment. I just did an update in the above post because it appears I cannot count! I stand corrected.
    I forgot to mention Les Miserables that is a reading challenge for entire year of 2012. I must get back to that book and finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I led my book group for discussion of The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris. One of my livliest and most interesting discussion. Most of us had been to Paris as tourists, embassy personnel and students. These were well-educated, creative, adventurers wanting to learn more about their professions: medicine, education, art, etc. They were not ex-pat or lost generation. Also Paris to the Moon was a very enjoyable book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment