September in Paris Reading Challenge 2012

September in Paris Reading Challenge 2012 was hosted by me. I'm aware of the following participants:
Martina of House of Bronze
Missy of Honey Bee's Attic
If there is anyone else that participated in this challenge please let me know in the comment section of this post.
Martina and Missy, please leave a link of any reviews you have of this challenge in the comment section of this post.
Thank you so much to those who participated! When I began this challenge I really did not think anyone would be joining me, but I'm so thankful to those who did!

The books I read for September in Paris Reading Challenge 2012 were:

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Annette Vallon, A Novel of the French Revolution by James Tipton
Mistress of the Sun by Sandra Gulland
Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik
Lydia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper by Harriet Scott Chessman
Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran
The Siren of Paris by David LeRoy
The Last Time I Saw Paris by Lynne Sheene


I'm tentatively planning a challenge for February 2013, February in Russia Reading Challenge 2013. This challenge will be the theme of Russia. This challenge is both fiction and non-fiction. You can listen to an audio book, watch a film, read through an e-reader, or a book. In January I'll re-remind through a second post! Please let me know if you are interested?
A list of possible choices in Russian literature, plays, short stories (please add to this list):
Anton Chekhov
Leo Tolstoy
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Nikolai Vasilevich Gogol
Boris Pasternak
Ivan Aleksandrovich Goncharov
Alexander Ostrovsky
Vladimir Nabokov
Alexandr Sergeyevitch Pushkin
Ivan Turgenev

Comments

  1. I'm sorry I haven't written anything yet, but I did read two books and part of another I am still finishing. I will link up the post when I do! I really enjoyed this. I am a new blogger and I now really like the idea of focusing on a country for a month. I think I'm a more one book at a time reader and this is easy to do with this kind of focus. I feel like I learned so much this month! Of course I discovered other books I would like to read about France also. I am definitely interested in February in Russia. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My post: http://honeybeejoys.blogspot.com/2012/10/goodbye-paris.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Annette, just discovered you thru Missy. Great reviews! i was not aware of your September in Paris challenge, but now I'm following you. just to let you know, I have a I Love France meme every Thursday, where you can link to anything French: books, movies, etc. here is the category, where you can see the latest posts: http://wordsandpeace.com/category/i-love-france-2/
    I loved very much Madame Tussaud

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so very sorry, Annette! I know I did sign up but simply found no time this month to read anything at all (what with starting uni and so on). But the February in Russia idea is AMAZING. There's no way I miss that! February is the perfect month to focus on Russian lit so thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography