Book Blogger Hop, Week of December 7-11, 2012

This week Book Blogger Hop is hosted by: Angler's Rest. Book Blogger Hop is a creation of Crazy-For-Books.
Book Blogger Hop
The question for this week is "What is your favorite festive reading?"
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I love everything about this story, most of all it's message. To have goodwill and Christmas cheer in our hearts for people. To think outside of ourselves and our own wants or desires; and to think of others, especially those who need our love and understanding.
eRead for free on Project Gutenberg. 

Comments

  1. Very nice comment...I hope goodwill could last all year. THANKS.

    Stop by for my answer if you like.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not read this classic for quite a few years, then the animated version of the film with Jim Carey was released. Hubby loves Christmas films so we made a purchase and a re-watch recently, which has inspired me to read again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the Christmas message from Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Christmas Carol is such an obvious choice for Christmas reading but it always flies under my radar at this time of year! (The Muppets version not so much, haha.) I'm adding it to my to-read pile for Christmas though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love The Christmas Carol--one of Dickens' best gifts to English lit. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography