Book Blogger Hop: June 14-20, 2013






This weeks question, submitted by Tanya: 
"What is your favorite genre? The type of book you read the most? Recommend a book."

I read almost any genre or type of book. I don't read erotica, nor science fiction. I used to not read suspense or mystery, but began reading this genre a couple of years ago. I used to not read fantasy fiction, but began reading this genre a few years ago too. 

My favorite genre, or genres would have to be:
Historical fiction, British history which includes books on royalty, Holocaust and World War II, Christian non-fiction, and classic literature.

Instead of recommending a book, or books, since I listed more than one genre I love. I'll list some of my favorite authors.

For historical fiction: Margaret George, Jean Plaidy, Rebecca Fraser, Rosalind Miles, Alison Weir, Philippa Gregory.
For British history non-fiction: Thomas Penn, Antonia Fraser, David Starkey, Thomas Cahill, David Loades, John Guy, Alison Weir.

Holocaust: Elie Wiesel, Marie Vassiletchikov, Gerda Wiessmann Klein, Marthe Cohn, Laurence Rees.
World War II books: Stephen Ambrose, Nicholas Stargardt, James Bradley, William L. Shirer, Eugene Sledge.

Christian non-fiction: Michael Kruger, Neil R. Lightfoot, Danel B. Wallace, Wayne Grudem, Leland Ryken, William Barclay, Ray Stedman, Edgar Goodspeed, A.W. Tozer, Warren Wiersbe, Philip Yancey, Nik Ripken, Robert E. Peterson, Eric Metaxas, Andrew Murray, Corrie Ten Boom, J. I. Packer, Josh Moody, Beth Moore, Anne Graham Lotz, and O'Hallesby.

Classic literature: Charles Dickens, Charlotte Bronte, Emily Bronte, Jane Austen, George Eliot, Victor Hugo, Elizabeth Gaskell, Thomas Hardy, W. Somerset Maugham, and Wilkie Collins.  

Comments

  1. I like the same historical fiction as you do. :)

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It saddens me that I don't recognize many of those authors. I'll have to look into them.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize several of the authors and some are new for me! Can't wait to check out something new. Happy Blog Hop!

    Check out my answer at Meredith's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you "all" for stopping by and leaving comments. I'm headed over to visit each of you on your blogs right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopping through, enjoy your reading this week :D

    My Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. New GFC Follower -- I haven't heard of any of those ... sad, I need to expand my horizon of books. Check out my blog post.

    http://ashleynemer.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-is-your-favorite-genre-genre-that.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography