Book Blogger Hop: July 12th-18th, 2013



This weeks question courtesy of Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews. Thanks Elizabeth.

"How long have you been blogging?"
I began blogging and book reviewing in January 2007 over at Wordpress. I had zero idea what I was doing. After a few months of stumbling on Wordpress I moved over to Blogger in May 2007. In September of 2007 another blog was created for Christian book reviews. After moving to Blogger things began to come together. I studied other blogs and worked on a vision. Blogging is a work in progress. It is not something that can become stagnant and it cannot be ignored. Every year new goals are made. Often I study other blogs and think about how things should be adapted or completely changed on my blogs. Grammar is a tough thing for me, it does not come easy. Reading books on grammar, as well as reading websites and blogs that focus on grammar, have been a big help. I no longer fear grammar, I've grown to embrace it. The newest goal is to be a critical editor (a keen eye) of my reviews and writing.  

Comments

  1. Looking at other blogs is helpful. Great that you have been blogging since 2007. I have only been blogging since 2010.

    I had no clue what a blog was but sure am glad I found out. I love it. Fellow bloggers are the BEST.

    Stop by for my full answer if you like.


    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 years of blogging is a long time, well done:) Grammar is definitely not the most important factor for a good review, but I think it's great you are trying to improve yourself!

    My hop:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/07/book-blogger-hop-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for visiting and leaving comments.
    Eveline, I wish grammar was not important, sorta. For all of the publishers and publicists it is important. They take more seriously those reviews that look clean and professional. I'm taking a creative writing course this summer, writing a short story. Grammar is a big thing for any person in hopes of being published. I have a writer friend that is giving me pointers and in having a critical eye in the editing process.
    Thank you Elizabeth. Fellow blogger friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Annette!

    WOW. You sure are a veteran blogger!! CONGRATS TO YOU!! I agree about Wordpress. I've only been on Blogger, ever since I began. I have no wish to go over to Wordpress. I think you need to pay if you really want to use all the widgets, right?

    Yes, blogging is indeed a work in progress. It's GREAT that you learn from other blogs, and set goals for yourself. KUDOS to you!

    I also congratulate you on taking a creative writing course! More power to you! And I agree -- grammar IS important. You're so right about it contributing to a professional-looking review.

    Keep up the great work!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography