Three Liebster Awards


Over the past two weeks I've won three awards. All three are Liebster Awards. Two were won for Impressions in Ink, one for my other blog at A Well-Watered Garden. I am appreciative of this and want to thank personally those who nominated me.
Cathy at  http://thoughtsonbookss.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html
Samantha at  http://bakeysbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award-nomination.html
Tammy at http://tammypstafford.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-dearest-award.html

Each of them passed ten questions along to me. A total of thirty answered questions would cause a yawn with my readers. I have edited them.

1.   What's the last book you thoroughly enjoyed start to finish?
A book I reviewed today that will post tomorrow, Degrees of Courage by Shari Vester

2.   Are you outgoing or reserved?
Reserved and an introvert. I can be chatty with family or close friends. I prefer the quiet, although the sound of rain falling is soothing. I enjoy listening to classical or jazz music at home. I listen to classic rock but only when I'm driving.

3.   What is your favorite meal?
Grilled salmon, steamed vegetables, sweet potato, iced tea. I'm not a bread eater. On rare occasion a desert, preferably toffee or chocolate.

4.   Which blogger has been your biggest inspiration?
Becky at http://blbooks.blogspot.com/ also the author of http://operationreadbible.blogspot.com/. She and I email each other often, pray for each other, vent about life, encourage one another, and always share books we're reading or have read.

5.  Who are my favorite authors?
I have several favorite authors: Charles Dickens, Charles Todd, Christopher Hibbert, Terry Breverton, Margaret George, Alison Weir, David Starkey, Ian Mortimer, G. J. Meyer, David Morrell, David Downing, Charlotte Bronte, Victor Hugo, Wilkie Collins, Elizabeth Gaskell, Thomas Hardy, Shakespeare, George Eliot---I could go on and on. This list is only a couple of genres. I would need another list for Christian fiction and non-fiction.

6. What am I currently reading?
First, I am never "just" reading one book. Gosh that would be boring. My brain does not work that way, I can not read just one. I read several at one time. I pick one book up and read a hundred pages, set it down and pick up another book reading in it for a hundred pages, then pick up another book and so forth. 
Currently: Royal Sex: The Scandalous Love Lives of the British Royal Family Roger Powell, The Story of England by Michael Wood, Merriam-Webster's Guide to Punctuation and Style, My Heart's Cry by Anne Graham Lotz, The God Centered Life by Josh Moody, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

7. What genre will I never read?
Erotic, homo-erotic, or science fiction. Why? If a book I'm reading has sensual stuff in it that is one thing, if the scenes get too gooey than I skip a bit. If the books only genre is erotic then I'll pass. I need a story with interesting characters and plot, not sappy sticky goop.
Homo-erotic, of no interest to me. No thanks. Further, I would never be comfortable reading this genre.
I don't read science fiction, once again not interested. 

8. Why did I start my blog or blogs?
In January 2007 I began over at Wordpress as a way of expressing my feelings about books. In May 2007 I moved to Wordpress. Blogging felt like an On-line scrap book of the books I'd read. Blogging and reviewing has morphed into what it is today.

9. What is the best vacation I've ever taken?
I've traveled to Europe twice. Both trips were memorable. But, standing on Omaha Beach in Normandy, France in 1999 with my dad, is priceless.

10. Describe a self-portrait I would paint. What would it look like?
Mona Lisa smile, observant hazel-green eyes, oval shaped face, an impatient look because I would not be comfortable just sitting-I would want a book to read. 

I am to nominate other bloggers for the award. This makes me feel sad because I know from experience how hard bloggers work. I also have never liked exclusion.
This is probably breaking rules, but I nominate all of you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography