Favorite Non-fiction Books in 2013

Whew! I've created so many posts the past few days I'm happy to say this will be my last---for this year.
Thanks to Amberley Publishing for allowing me the privilege to read and review so many great British history books.

It is difficult to narrow down my favorites, rather like choosing just one piece of chocolate in a Godiva Chocolate store.

I reviewed four books by Elizabeth Norton and enjoyed all of them. I gave reviews of 4 or 5 stars. What stood out to me the most in her books were the amount of research and knowledge of the subject. A non-fiction book can be dry as toast, but her books showed enthusiasm which transferred over to me.
Books written by Elizabeth Norton:
Bessie Blount: Mistress to Henry VIII
The Anne Boleyn Papers
Elfrida: The First Crowned Queen of England
The Boleyn Women

Another author where I read more than one book, Terry Breverton. Mr. Breverton is passionate, seriously passionate about Wales. I respect him immensely for his commitment for writing the history of Wales.
Books written by Terry Breverton:
The Welsh
Owain Glyndwr, the Story of the Last Prince of Wales

Other books I loved:
Winter King, Henry VII and The Dawn of Tudor England by Thomas Penn
Quiet, The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
In The Garden of Beasts, Love, Terror, and an American Family in Berlin by Erik Larson
Flames in the Field, The Story of Four SOE Agents in Occupied France by Rita Kramer
The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England, A Handbook for Vositor to the Fourteenth Century by Ian Mortimer
Gracianna by Trini Amador
The True Life of Mary Queen of Scots by John Guy
Royal Babies A History 1066-2013 by Amy Licence
Wesley The Owl, The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl by Stacey O'Brien


Comments

  1. Glad to see In the Garden of Beasts on your list. I plan to read it for the WWII part of the WTTG challenge this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment