War Through The Generations: 2014 Reading Challenge With a Twist
War Through the Generations 2014 Reading Challenge is a bit different this year. In the past one full year was devoted to one war. This year multiple wars are divided up, two-months for each war, total of six wars.
Link for rules, more information:
Reading schedule for 2014:
- Jan./Feb.: Gulf Wars (Gulf War/Operation Desert Storm and Iraq War/Operation Iraqi Freedom)
- March/April: French and Indian War
- May/June: Korean War
- July/August: WWI (100th Anniversary)
- Sept./Oct.: WWII
- Nov./Dec.: Vietnam War
Level of Participation:
- Dip Your Toes: Read 1 book for any war
- Novice: Read 1 book per war throughout the year for a total of 6 books on 6 different wars
- Intermediate: Read 2+ books for 1 war, and 1 book for each of the others for a total of 7 books
- Expert: Read 2+ books for each war for a total of 12 books
I'm committing to Dip Your Toes. Some of the wars I don't want to read. My eldest son was in the Iraq War/Operation Iraqi Freedom. I'm not ready, may never be ready, to read about this war.
In Sept/Oct WWII is the theme and I plan to read more than one book.
In July/August WWI is the theme and I'll read more than one book.
The French and Indian War scheduled for March/April intrigues me, I may take part in reading about this period.
Many thanks to Serena and Anna for hosting this reading challenge.