Saturday, April 26, 2014

6 o'clock Update for Read-a-Thon

I read for an hour in the early afternoon in the flower garden, which is located on the west side of my home. Last Saturday, my husband and I worked at landscaping and planting both a flower and vegetable garden. On the north side of the house, which is in the back yard, we planted a vegetable garden. I'm elated, the beans and peas have sprouted. We also planted okra, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, watermelon, strawberries, and a blackberry bush.
I took a nap, and then read for over an hour in my regular reading area, office/library--cushy chair and with an ice pack for my lower back.
I finished Pale Rose of England by Sandra Worth, and finished reading the National Geographic Inside the Medieval World. National Geographic is calling it a book, so I will too.
I'm taking a break soon in order to cook supper. I'll be cooking chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, white gravy, and green beans. Today (well it began with dinner yesterday) is my free day, I cook and eat what I want. The rest of the week I try and eat healthy.
This evening I'll read more, am planning to read till I get sleepy. I sing in the church choir and don't want to sound like a frog in the morning.
An interesting tid-bit, I found a major error in the Inside the Medieval World. I quote, "When Harold succeeded his father." They are referring to Harold succeeding his father Edward the Confessor, the King of England. Edward did not have children. Harold was the son of Godwin, Earl of Wessex. Someone at National Geographic made a boo boo.
Photographs of my flower garden.
I may or may not write a blog post later tonight; instead expect one tomorrow as a wrap-up.

1 comment:

  1. Good catch in that NatGeo :)
    Happy reading and enjoy the rest of Readathon! #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete