Book Blogger Hop: November 14-20th

Book Blogger Hop link
The question for the week is submitted by Elizabeth!
"As you grow in your blogging experience, have you become more particular in terms of what you will post on your blog or what books you will read for review on your blog?"

Yes. The defining word in the question is more. Since the beginning, I have been particular in regards to books I choose to read and review. I believe I've become more astute at choosing those books that will be a high rating review. In early 2014, I read a couple of books that shocked me because of the content. I'd made a major error in choosing those books to read and review. When I'm asked to review a book, I research the book a little. I look at the books information on Amazon. I read reviews from bloggers. Then I make the decision to accept or decline. I have at times in the past chosen books to review that were out of the norm for my taste. I chose them in order to broaden my reading. I've learned this backfires, so I've stopped. At this point in my life I know what I like and don't like. I have also learned life is too short to read a book I dislike. 


Comments

  1. I definitely agree that life is too short to read a book I dislike! I try and push myself on that as well and it does tend to backfire. I've become more careful now too. Great answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to look into a book a bit more before you accept it for review. I also had some reading experiences where I was a little bit shocked, but I also enjoy discovering new books. Having said that, I do stick to a range of genres I know that I love. Thanks for sharing :) Have a great weekend!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I reviewed some books early on that I thought would work for me, but I found out they didn't.

    I am definitely more selective in what I choose and what I put on my blog.

    I stick to what I like and what the books I review say about me. :)

    You have a great answer to this question. We are getting so many good answers to this question. I really enjoy this meme.

    ENJOY your weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for contributing the question this week. Not only did I enjoy thinking about it and composing my own answer, but it's been fun getting involved in the discussions which popped up on various blogs.

    I'm with you on the "shocking content". I really wish I could know ahead of time how explicit a book is before I start reading it. I recently read and reviewed a fantasy novel which had an intriguing premise and was the start of a series that I was thinking I'd enjoy continuing to read. Unfortunately, the explicit description of lovemaking spoiled it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment