A Poetic Introduction to February

 photo 80948d29-e37a-4c1b-af86-4387b93a49a4.jpg

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." by Maya Angelou, 1928-2014.

XLIII Sonnets from the Portuguese
"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death." Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 1806-1861.

"Winter is in my head, but eternal spring is in my heart." Victor Hugo, 1802-1885.

A Red, Red Rose
"O my luve is like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June;
My luve is like a melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I,
And I will luve the still, my dear,
Till a-the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun!
And I will luve the still, my dear,
While the sands o'life shall run.

And fare-thee-weel, my only luve,
And fare-thee-weel a while!
And I will come again, my luve,
Tho' it twere ten-thousand mile."
by Robert Burns, 1759-1796.

"Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century." Mark Twain, 1835-1910.

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read." Mark Twain, 1835-1910.

"If a man be gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world, and that his heart is no island cut off from other's lands, but a continent that joins to them." Francis Bacon, 1561-1626.

"That best portion of a good man's life-his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love." William Wordsworth, 1770-1850.




Comments

Post a Comment