(Review) Tolkien: A Dictionary by David Day

Publication Date: 2013.
Publisher: Thunder Bay Press/Hachette UK.
Genre: Dictionary of the Tolkien stories.
Pages: 271.
Source: Self-purchase.
Rating: 5 stars for excellent.

Amazon

Summary:
The A-Z dictionary of Tolkien's beloved tales and characters. Included are detailed pen and ink illustrations. The front and back cover of the book is engraved leather.

My Thoughts:
I'm in the progress of reading The Fellowship of the Ring for the first time. I've seen the films, but have never read any of the Tolkien fantasy fiction stories. I have a vague memory of The Hobbit in high school, but I've slept since then (including in class.)
The Tolkien stories are brilliant, but highly imaginative, requiring a detailed dictionary for explanation. Tolkien: A Dictionary is a perfect choice for any reader of the Tolkien stories.
The only thing I don't like about the book, is it does not lay open on its own.
Over-all highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography