2016 Southern Literature Reading Challenge

Southern Literature Reading Challenge hosted at The Introverted Reader

I'm signing up for 1-2 books----C'mon In The House.

The first book I will be reading for this challenge is a collection of short stories by Eudora Welty.
The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty


The following is from the original post:

I'm hosting the Southern Literature Reading Challenge again this year. I love reading Southern Literature and I hope you do too!

The rules:

Read a book(s)--non-fiction or fiction of any genre, for any age group--written by an author from the South and set mostly in the South.

Definitions of the South are flexible, so I've decided to define it the way I want. That's the fun of hosting your own challenge, right? :-)

The states:
South Carolina
Georgia
Alabama
North Carolina
Virginia
Tennessee 
Mississippi
Louisiana
Kentucky 
West Virginia
Texas
Arkansas
Florida

Please keep in mind that this is a Southern literature challenge. It's possible to find books set in each of these states that are not Southern in nature or feeling. Use your best judgment when choosing your books. 

Levels:

Level 1--C'mon in the house! Read 1-2 books.

Level 2--Pull up a seat and stay a while! Read 3-4 books

Level 3--Have a glass of sweet iced tea, honey. Read 5-6 books

Level 4--Y'all come back now, y'hear! Read 7-8 books

The challenge will run from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. You can join in anytime throughout the year.

I am not limiting the challenge to bloggers.  You can also link to a review you wrote on another site, such as GoodReads or LibraryThing. 

Crossovers with other challenges are acceptable, and feel free to read your books in any format you choose.


Comments

  1. Thank you for highlighting this challenge (which I might join, but I will look ahead into my reading schedule before I make a commitment); I have passion for southern literature, and this challenge might be just what I need in 2016. In any case, I am glad that I have stumbled upon your blog (via another person's), and I look forward to returning, browsing, and -- only occasionally -- commenting. With regards from a new blog: http://invitationtotheclassics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment