(Review) Inheritance, Book Four by Christopher Paolini

Publication Date: 2011.
Publisher: Doubleday.
Genre: Fantasy fiction.
Pages: 860.
Source: Self-purchase.
Rating: 3 stars for good.

Summary:
Eragon is the Dragon Rider and Saphira is the dragon.
In book one, Eragon found a blue stone. Saphira hatches and Eragon became her parent, friend, and later Dragon Rider. They are able to read each others thoughts and dreams.
In book four, they battle together to fight the enemy, King Galbatorix.

My Thoughts:
I've read book one Eragon. I have not read the second and third books, Eldest and Brisingr.
I loved Eragon, but I felt the Inheritance's best part was its last 300-400 pages. The first half of the book could have been summed up. I breezed through the first half of the book, but the last half was a page-turner. I love reading lengthy books, if the book holds my interest, and 860 pages was a tough go for me.
I felt the ending summed up well. It left me with the feeling there could be a book five. The ending gave hope and a feeling of nostalgia. It's a sentimental ending.
I'm a new reader to fantasy fiction. I've read a few books in this genre, but I do not consider myself a fan, and I am far from understanding its elements like a fantasy fiction fan.
Eragon is a near perfect hero. The relationship he and Saphira have is unique, creative, and possibly better than if Eragon had a romantic relationship. Romantic relationships can cause a character to focus on it and not the quest. Eragon and Saphira were comrades; and a duo of strength, knowledge, wisdom, and magic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Book Review: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

An Interview with Terry Breverton Author of The Welsh, The Biography